20.6.03

Take another tip from me: if you are sharing your living space with at least one other person, eg wife, children, Marley's ghost (that's Jacob, not Bob!), it's well worth your while rummaging around those apparently inaccessible places from time to time. A year ago I heard from Mrs W that she was so sad that whilst she was packing to go to Almaty she inadvertently threw out Dima's NEW mobile phone. They realised too late what she'd done, tried to call the number just to check ... all was lost. At the turn of the year, Dima got a new mobile from O2 and all was calm. On Wednesday evening of this week I was spreading myself all over the settee when my hand drifted South and connected with an interesting object ... Dima's lost mobile phone. Far from having been chucked out, it had simply slid down the back of the settee and remained there, silent, ever since. Since Mrs W is a hoarder of some things, we had kept that phone's battery charger and within half an hour or so had revived the thing. I have now told the two that I intend to sell one of the two phones that Dima has ... find out what's for sale and make me an offer by writing to me at duncan@duncanwil.co.uk! Seriously, I mean it. I'm waiting. DW

No comments: