10.3.03

Sunday was a gardening day: legs like jelly after a couple of hours hard labour that I haven't done for a while. I tidied up the harb patch a bit, pruned the rose bushes, potted a thyme plant to help it get more established and then planted loads of herb seeds: chives, dill, parsley and a few more. The weather was windy as it tried to blow all of my seeds away ... it failed! I succeeded and am now looking forward to scads of herbs from mid Spring onwards. I also tidied up the netting that the clematis is attached to and that looks much better now: Mrs W wanted to completely redesign the netting but I resisted and carried on regardless. After all ... My football team, Burnley, were playing in the quarter final of the FA Cup and their match was televised ... I finished gardening just in time to wash myself up and settle down to watch the match that Burnley lost 2: 0 to Watford. So, good luck to Watford for the next round: the semi final. Making some progress on my new projects and I'll have a trial series of pages uploaded on a password protected section of my web site shortly ... you need to apply to get a password! Oh, on Saturday I made a ginger cake from the recipe sister Susan gave me and it's an absolute stunner: very simple to make and scrumptious to eat! DW

No comments: