12.3.03

Vincent wrote to me a while ago and apart from forgetting about him and feeling achamed because of it, here is what I could find for him about labour turnover and labour stability. Duncan, My name is Vincent and I am a final year undergraduate ... currently in the process of collecting data for a disertation on the Analysis of Labour Tournover. Whilst browsing the web for relevant sites I stumbled across your web-site and discovered the following page: Labour Stability at www.duncanwil.co.uk You discuss a Labour Stability ratio and its importance in analysing Labour tournover ... I was also wondering if you had any suggestions of further information which I may find useful, such as web-links which you know of or titles of texts for me to read? I appreciate the time you have taken to read this and look forward to hearing from you. Kindest regards, Vincent After having given Vincent the all clear to use my materials, I then did a search for him that produced the following: Dear Vincent, As promised here are a few pointers for you although I imagine you have already gathered a large number of such things: The Independent Labour Organisation is a must at www.ilo.org although I did a couple of searches and wasn’t fully satisfied! In their KLIM, key indicators of the labour market, section they have a lot of interesting articles that may be of use to you. The european industrial relations observatory on-line has a basic article for you but gives some costs relating to labour turnover by occupational groupings. You might find their navigation bar on the left of the page useful. Although it has been written in the most appalling academic language, you might tease something from this. They have some interesting diagrams at the end of their paper. This might be a stepping off point for several links: training press releases Around 5 years old and based on 1990-91 data this paper claims to be innovative and is probably worth a read if you haven’t seen it before If you want to be sector specific this kind of thing is useful Since I’ll be sharing this search with other people, don’t forget the page on my own web site (see above) ... this is the only page I can find that discusses labour STABILITY, by the way … no, here’s another one ... a very comprehensive introduction to this area with suggestions for further reading If you are like me and have an obsession for calculations, take a look at this Australian site entitled Costing Labour Turnover ACAS has a glossary of terms that looks useful despite their astonishing background graphic!! Well, Vincent, that seems to be the best I can do for now. Once more my sincere apologies for forgetting about you for a while and I hope you find these pointers useful. Best wishes DW

No comments: