6.2.03

The past week has flown by as I've settled back in to life in good old England. I have come back to boost my vegetarian intake and so far have done well. Living for so long in a hotel is not good news so being back where I can shop and cook for my own grub is great! I increased my weight by around 4.5 kilogrammes in the final month or so of my stay in Bosnia: all because of living in a hotel. I have suffered such weight increases before when I've had extended stays in hotels. Not recommended! Austrian Airlines seems to like to hang on to me when I fly with them! This time, my journey with them was broken as their plane didn't make it back to Vienna until 2115 and I should have been in London by around that time. They blamed the weather at Heathrow for the delay; but when we did eventually get to Heathrow, conditions were suspiciously good. Apart from the first flight I had with Austrian, a couple of years agonow, I have yet to have a trouble free trip: they seem incapable of connecting two flights together according to their schedule. Moreover, on arrival at Sarajevo airport, I was told at check in that I was booked on the Vienna - Heathrow leg of my flight but nor for the Sarajevo - Vienna flight. The check in chappie checked and told me someone had cancelled my booking. Fortunately, the flight was not full so I travelled without a hitch ... apart from the delay at Vienna. The weather has been lovely here, too. Yesterday, for example, I went for a walk into town, the long way round, and spent an hour in crisp but gloriously sunny conditions. Normally, such ramblings are the kiss of death but the forecast is for more of such weather. So, well done! I have been walking around every day, too: at least 40 minutes a day in long, straight lines: to keep body and sould together in as strong a way as possible. Must be good for me! I came across a recipe for pancakes with cinnamon apples and made them: delicious. Really simple to make and they suit veggie and non veggie alike. I got the recipe from Waitrose. This link looks as if it's temporary; but I think the recipe will be on the site somewhere for a long time. Click here to go directly to the recipe. You don't need the toffee sauce you'll find in the recipe: just use jam or even icing sugar to give it a touch more sweetness; but even then, you don't need the extra calories. In case you're not from the UK and don't know what a Bramley apple is, it's a cooking apple as opposed to an eating apple: completely different texture and taste to an ordinary eating apple. DW

No comments: