15.2.03

Modern Britain: part infinite! As I was taking a walk into town the other day I suddenly noticed an area of pavement just outside our new Police Headquarters. It's fairly recently been dug up and repaired. Part of the pavement is a cycle path so there is a painted dividing line between pedestrian area and cycle path. Take a look at what the cheapskate company that dug up and then made the repairs has done. Of course, I had to dash out with camera in hand! Look at how they repainted the line: painting ONLY what they felt they needed to. Whatever happened to public spiritedness? The width of the gap between the two bits of new line painting is around half a meter (two feet for the wrinklies and crumblies among us!): hardly going to cost a vast fortune in paint and time is it? Thought you'd like to know that. It's amazing what you can do with digital photographs, too. These snaps were originally 320Kb EACH. With a bit of jiggery pokery, I get them down to 5 and 6Kb respectively ... of course, you can't see the orgy going on in the background now; but you wuldn't want to, would you? Would you? OK, email me and I'll send the unabridged versions! Just joking! DW

No comments: