26.12.02

A nice Xmas Day came and went. Up and about early and made an excellent breakfast, with my vegetarianism suspended for the day ... as usual, I stop being a veggie for Xmas Day. So, a fry up to start the day: smoked bacon, sausages, potato cakes, baked beans and a fried egg. Mmmm! Then unwrapping the gifts ... lots of books, a DVD, diary, pullover ... then stuffing and cooking the Turkey. Mrs W got involved and we prepared a delicious repast for our guests and ourselve. Tucked in at around 1430 and although we didn't bloat ourselves, the pudding and custard added a layer of blubber that was most welcome. Drank a little bit: Bollinger Champagne to go with dinner and a couple of beers with tea ... Xmas cake baked by yours truly in October, trifle, sausage rolls and other odds and ends and a cheese board with cheeses from Yorkshire, France, Italy, Norway and Leicestershire! Talked to my two sons and finished the day with a tipple of Armagnac ... why did I bother with that? Woke up at 0230 with hiccups and then felt a bit groggy as I woke up at 0825 ... that's very late for me. Boxing Day now and even though the Sales have started my motto is NO SHOPPING! Mrs W has plans!!! DW

No comments: