28.12.02

Mrs W NEEDED to go to the Sales today to buy a couple of odds and ends. I did not like the cushions for our living room she had her eye on: I love things medieval ... but not as a focal point of my living room that has nothing else medieval in it. So we didn't buy them then. Then I decided I NEEDED a sandwich and a drink whilst Mrs W was buying goodness knows what. Marks and Spencer Oxford has installed a serve yourself till that we thought we'd have a crack at. The couple before us had a bad experience with the machine; but thinking that it must have been their fault we sallied forth and had a go. We needed to call the assitant over almost immediately ... and again within a minute as it told us that we needed to get help ... then it gave us another dose of zero encouragement so we ditched that idea and moved over to a proper till! Looks like M&S has some work to do on that system. Speaking of having work to do, one of M&S's other machines was out of order and they had a notice apologising for "... any inconveniances". M&S recruits pretty good people on average so this DOUBLE mistake was a bit of a surprise. If anyone from M&S ever reads this, they should take note and send me a voucher for my services! DW

No comments: