15.4.24

Kanchanaburi War Cemetery

We got to Kanchanaburi city today and stopped to pay our respects at the war cemetery there. I have been there before, 12-15 years ago or thereabouts. It is immaculately kept and I find it very emotional to think about the times and conditions those men endured and now they are in a treasured spot: I find the contrast overwhelming.

I felt the same at the Killing Fields memorial outside Phnom Penh.

We went to the new skywalk bridge in the city but couldn’t go up on it, because of time constraints. The floor is clear glass so I couldn’t walk on it anyway!

We got to and crossed the bridge and returned via a long tailed boat ride that was fun to do.

That was a last minute weekend trip that turned out to be really enjoyable.









DW

15th April 2024












No comments: