10.4.24

Are you sure you know where we're going?

I decided I should get back to documenting my life here on my blog, as well as and/or instead of on other social media. So here we are!

Driving along, heading towards a kite competition taking place over yesterday and today, I asked Mrs W, as were had gone about 30 kilometres already, if she knew exactly where we were going: confidently, as usual, she replied, Yes, of course.

So, I drove on and fter another 10 km or so we arrived at a beach that was already a bit busy: it had a music stage all set up, there was a mini play area for children and there were many food stalls already serving food, drinks and ice cream.

We hired a table and some chairs and sat down on the beach, along with everyone else and I was intrigued by the lack of kites. Now, we had arrived about 4:45 pm so maybe we missed them for that day. But Mrs W chacked google maps for confirmation and suddenly exclaimed: Oh! it's another 102 Km away!

A few minutes later, Mrs W's sister arrived and, given the 102 km news, I asked her, how did you find us?

Never mind, the place got really busy, the music was pretty poor but everyone was enjoying themselves.

As for me, I started watching a football match on my phone when 3 year old Sammie saw my phone and asked, Where's Renaldo? I laughed out loud at that. The kids have been watching a few Renaldo tribute videos on YouTube of late and her question was taken from there!


DW

7th March 2024

No comments: