20.12.16

Michaela Finnegan

This is the tale of Michaela Finnegan who grew whiskers on her chin ne gan. Who would ever have thought that I would be writing yet another doggy obituary? After all, Stewart died after a car accident and all other dogs are either dead or just too lazy to get into any bother ... that's you Pongo and Slutty! Well, I was wrong. Here is a photo of the tiny Thai Ridgeback that Siri found for us as a replacement for Pongo: Pongo the lonely. So lonely she sent him back to be bone idle with Slutty. After a couple of weeks I noticed that the Ridgeback has some rather nitty whiskers on its chin so I started singing ... There was an old man Called Michael Finnegan He grew whiskers On his chin-ne-gan The wind came up and blew them in again Poor old Michael Finnegan, Begin Again He was meant to be an outside dog but she tried her hardest to get into the house at every possible opportunity. I stopped it. It made no difference,i t still tried. I was determined. It got in from time to time as if I weren't there! Then we all left home for a while: I came away to work and Siri took a trip to Bangkok to meet me as I was passing through. Finnegan went to stay for a while at the Lazy P idle dogs home. Things didn't work out: after a few days they found Finnegan with blood coming out of its ears and generally being in a bad way. They think one of the neighbouring dogs snapped at Finnegan and cracked its skull: chances are, that mutt was stealing Slutty and Pongo's food and Finnegan decided to join in. SNAP! Slutty and Pongo are both cowards and stealing their food is a breeze. Finnegan was far too young to sense any danger from anything so that was the end of that. Three months old maybe and now in a downward spiral that would leave her dead fairly quickly. I had plans for that dog to be an outdoor and family dog. Abi played with Finnegan and Finnegan teased Abi by biting her feet with its needle like teeth. We played together, I threw it out of the house. We fed it. It slept outside. the poor thing never even had the chance to wear a tee shirt or scarf in the middle of a Thai Winter. Sorry you had to go Finnegan but thanks for the entertainment while you were here! DW

No comments: