30.7.13

Gnatwest Bank

I first opened an account with GnatWest in 1971 and, although i haven't always banked with them, for the last 10 or more years i have: maybe 20 years altogether.

Due to a blip, my fault or theirs i am not sure, i need a three WEEK line of credit. 

I called them on Friday and was handed over to a man who said there were three options available but you can't have any of them. Sorry, bye. I said the money in my fixed term deposit that matures in three weeks can easily be collateral for this three week line. No it can't. Bye!

That was it!

I complained over the rudeness of the man: not his decision but his rudeness. I also complained that a twelve month deposit suddenly became a thirteen month deposit: a) maybe i hadn't noticed this so maybe that was my fault b) this is the cause of my cash flow blip.

I had a call from a sympathetic customer complaints person on Friday and shared with her the rude emails i had received. She didn't acknowledge any of them so when i came to email her again last night for what i perceive as further sub standard service a) she had forgotten who i was in the space of three days and b) asked me for a complaints reference number which she had never shared with me.

Last night, Monday, i called the bank again and again asked BY NAME for my business manager. I had his mobile phone number before ... disconnected; i had his direct email address before, unavailable.

They ignored my request and put me through to the business "team" and guess who answered: the same rude man as last Friday. He started by saying, i already told you the answer. I said i didn't ask to speak to you ... Is my business manager in? Yes ... silence. Is he available ... silence! Then, not at the moment. I can ask him to call you back if you like but it won't do you any good. I gave him my number and waited for the return call. So far, nothing.

In the meantime i have been tweeting GnatWestBusiness and they suggest that their systems might be effective ... I tell them they are not. They promised last night they would get my business manager to call me, too. Ha ha!

This is the story so far!

DW



No comments: