18.6.13

Incredible * 2

I found the address of the Royal Cambodian  Embassy in Bangkok. I got Nigel on the iPhone to show me where it it. I could see it was very straightforward to get there:

Bus 71
BTS from Phra Khanong to Siam
Walk down Henri Dunant Road
Ta daa!

Ta D'Oh! More like.

I was near a university so i decided to find a young person, student type, likely to speak English. I was right first time. She didn't know where the Embassy was but she took me to a nearby security guard: i will ask him and interpret for you, she said.

She did! The guard said he knew where i should go: far away, get a taxi. He wrote the name for me in Thai: show this to the   driver.

I did that. After 10 kilometres i was thinking: how could that security guard know so much about that Embassy? Am i being taken for a ride? What does the taxi driver know that Nigel doesn't?

Well, after another few kms we arrived. Way out of town. Nowhere near Siam BTS.

So, I went inside, completed their form, handed it over and paid. Within five minutes i had my Cambodia visa in my passport and now i am on my way back to Siam Paragon.

Praise that student and that security guard!

DW

No comments: