3.7.12

White Trousers ... so attractive!

I was drawn to a pair of white trousers recently so I bought them: totally tropical enhancement to my generally poor wardrobe.

The first time I wore them I went to dinner in an hotel and came away unscathed in spite of the soup bowl being a very poor fit for its saucer ... twice I almost had soup all down those trousers!

Last night I went to the MK Restaurant in the Bang Kapi Mall. I wore my clean and pressed white, tropical trousers. The MK food is dangerous for a potential slopper like me so I was extra careful. I WAS careful and came away unscathed by my own efforts.

Then I wasn't reckoning on the talents of the waitress! What follows is true!

I had carefully stacked and arranged all dishes and glasses and the waitress did her job well, transferring everything from table to trolley. Then she got to the little dish into which they pour their fantastic dipping sauce. She poured the remnants of the sauce into her slop bucket and as she then moved to put the dish onto the trolley, she knocked it and it slipped from her grasp. As the dish hit the tiled floor it smashed into several pieces. The pieces flew hither and yon. Yon being my left leg. The left leg of my previously pristine, tropical issue white trousers now sported a decent sized splodge of brown sauce.

I couldn't believe it! How the spirits could have engineered such a result is beyond me but happen it did!

With my own efforts and the help of the waitress I got most of the stain out but let's see what my washing machine can do for me!

This explains the title ... attractive trousers ... they WILL attract a mess!!

DW

No comments: