30.3.12

Uganda Trip

I have just returned from a 9 day trip to the town of Gulu in Uganda, 2 degrees south of the equator. My friend Shakespeare is living and working in Gulu and he invited me to go and spend some time there. As many people know I lived in Malawi for five years from mid 1988 to mid 1993 but I have not really been back to Africa since then, apart from about three weeks spent in Khartoum over three years.

I enjoyed to trip and it took in eating Malakwang to drinking gallons of fluids to an excellent trip to Murchison falls via Murchison National Park.

I will be writing an essay on my findings of those few days in Africa and watch out for a video on YouTube courtesy of yours truly.

Here are some photos for you but take a look at my Facebook page for even more.

Malakwang ...
With host Shakespeare ...
12 feet tall lone Elephant ...
Gormless looking Water Buffalo ...

DW

No comments: