18.10.10

Bill Gates I want to meet you

I saw that smug and self seeking BG on the television the other day and he was extolling the virtues of some software that allows someone to talk to their television and for the television to recognise them in some way.

I thought, so fricking what, Gates? You can’t even get your basic software to work properly let alone something to do with a television.

My Acer computer is going through a midlife crisis at the moment: it’s two years old now! On Saturday Excel 2010 failed to respond SO many times and I thought I had lost a lot of my latest work as it died and then Windows said it couldn’t start and would repair itself. It went through this many times.

In the end I am STILL worried that things will collapse in a gates induced heap but it is starting by itself now, albeit slowly.

Every year I have a major gates induced problem and I hope this doesn’t get any worse and is this year’s problem.

These things waste hours and hours.

Then there’s my other laptop, an HP TouchSmart, that can’t find the HP printer it’s connected to. More wasted time.

DW

No comments: