14.8.09

Lausanne here we come!

Your ace reporter is currently ensconced in the first class compartment of the 1327 train from Geneva Airport to Lausanne. On time and so far, we have just arrived at Nyon, a very smooth ride.

The journey is scheduled to take 48 minuted and, perhaps not surprisingly, the railway line hugs the coast of Lake Geneva. There are alpine heights to be seen across the lake and into the distance.

On Wednesday from Geneva city I could see a snow covered mountian but today's mountains are bare.

On this showing, Switzerland is a very neat and tidy place. Even the maize plants, sunflowers and fruit trees are very tidily arranged in their fields.

More later.

DW


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

duncanwil said...

A nice train journey and good stiff walk down then up the hill. I left the station at the suggestion of a sign that pointed to the right saying Centre Ville which I know means town centre. So I walked on and found the opposite of the town centre. Some joker had put that sign on the wrong way around I reckon.

Still, the lakeside part of Lausanne is very nice.

I ambled back up the hill and enjoyed myself.

When I did get to the centre ville I found a gun and knife shop: in Switzerland, the centre of the pacifist universe.

The plants in the fields are in Guardsman like straight lines. Perfect!

A nice afternoon out I'd say.

DW