4.2.09

Right to Die

There is that poor lady who has been kept in a persistent vegetative state for 17 years. It's been decided to the lady die.

Out of the woodwork people arrive to try to stop the process.

The point is, without artificial intervention there is no life. And the lady has been brain dead for 17 years so what is there to communicate with and to feel with?

Of course, someone with courage should have taken this decision 17 years ago.

DW


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't start me on this one!!

duncanwil said...

Please note, should anything like this befall me, I want everything to be switched off and food stopped as soon as the doctors, plus second opinion, say that I will not survive. Rest assured, that will be good enough for me and I promise I will not come back to haunt you.

I do NOT want to lie for year after year in a coma or persistent vegetative state. Not worth it in cash terms, in health terms and in emotional terms.

Flick the switch!

DW