19.2.09

HP: the saga goes on

Just before I left for my latest trip, I wrote to the Director of Customer Relations at Hewlett Packard in the UK. I explained how they have got my laptop more than I have etc.

Yesterday I got a call from their complaints department and she assured me that she was monitoring my case personally and that if they keep it more than 8 weeks, I get a new comp. They are waiting for a spare part for my existing machine.

Just in Time? Kaizen? Six Sigma? All of these buzz words and techniques and more must be floating around HP and yet for the want of a button of some sort, they are prepared to give me a brand new laptop ... if I'm lucky ... I've only got to wait another two weeks as they have had my machine for 40 days now. I really don't want that one back as it's a disaster.

What a shower!

DW

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Duncan
Do you have an email address for the guy that contacted you please? I don't want to call them as I may get a little annoyed, their online contact form doesn't have anywhere near enough characters, and if I get a postal address i fear they will get each and every single part of my laptop back individually.
Thanks

duncanwil said...

Sorry for this VERY slow response rate but no I don't have an email address for that man. More than that they never reply directly. They hint that someone has read your messages and that they might be doing something about it.

I will return from a lengthy trip next week and will remind tham that I am claiming around £1,500 from them in damages and out of pocket expenses. So far they have ignored me, as if I am a fool.

DW