5.11.08

iPod Woes

I can’t half pick ‘em.

You know I just bought an iPod touch. I have transferred loads of music and photos etc onto it. It’s a good thing.

It tells me to update the software so I try. It tells me it cannot reach the server. Over and over again.

I write to Apple for help. They reply, I do what they say and it doesn’t work. I write back and they ignore me. I write again and TWO people reply: different solutions.

New solution one also fails.

Solution two tells me not to bother trying to update anything because the system knows that I am travelling away from home. It doesn’t like me travelling away from home. It throws a hissy fit and stops my downloads.

I write and thank them both: properly, of course, as they are only doing their jobs.

I add, though,that iPods are built to allow us to enjoy music and films etc on the move so they shouldn’t be surprised when we move around with our iPods and stuff!

In 12 day’s time I will get back home and see what might happen then!

DW

1 comment:

duncanwil said...

Hoorah! and praise Malaysia!

Got to my hotel in Kuala Lumpur and tried this download/upgrade again. Within half an hour I had downloaded the software, installed it and was happy. It took a long time to do everything but at least now my iPod touch is up to date etc.

One twist is that the calculator wasn't upgraded as it was promised so I wrote again and very quickly was told to turn the calculator to landscape rather than portrait mode and lo and behold, it turns into a scientific calculator.

Marvellous!

DW