10.7.08

Spectacle sillyness

I decided to take my specs apart this morning to give them a right good cleaning. I was really careful of course and cleaned the frame under dribbling hot water using an old toothbrush.

I cleaned the lenses with cold water and a kitchen tissue.

I was extremely careful when reassembling the things because the screws they use are very small. I got the first screw in with a little difficulty. Then I decided I would drop the second screw. Bear in mind that without my specs my eyesight is poor: not blind as a bat but poor.

I felt for the screw and failed to find it. Slowly, I took the decision to stand up very carefully. I am very pleased to say that I found the screw surprisingly easily.

That means I am able to watch the opening session of the Test match, England v South Africa, as normal in spite of the slight eye strain I woke up with!

DW
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: