2.1.08

Stolen Car Update

No, I haven’t got the car back or anything remotely resembling any progress whatsoever but I thought I’d share with you and advantage of being without a vehicle: this afternoon I walked into town to do my jobs and then I walked back.

 

All told I walked for around 90 minutes, including the 30 minutes of pottering I would have done at the inkjet cartridge shop, the library and B&Q.

 

Let me confess that I went out to walk to the shops yesterday to buy some milk and got to within around 100 metres of the shop I was aiming for when I realised that I didn’t have with me the means to pay for anything. Of course, in the old days, I would have known the shopkeeper and s/he would have trusted me to return later with the cash and I would have gone home with my milk. Instead, as I had cut it so fine, I was unable to go home and then go back to the shop before it closed ... so I had enough milk for the evening and my early morning cuppa but then had to walk to the corner shop just five minutes away before I could eat my All Bran and Muesli with a banana! (I’ve run out of Bran Flakes).

 

That’s almost a top tip isn’t it?

 

DW

No comments: