13.8.07

I have just been in a stationery shop in Abingdon to have a one page document photocopied: it cost 10 pence and the alternative would have been to drive home, copy it and file it then go back into town to deliver the original. As I was in the shop I suddenly remembered that I need an eraser for my propelling pencil. The assistant asked her boss if they had such erasers for my brand and she got a curt, "You'll have to bring the pencil in, they're all different." The assistant helpfully rummaged though a box and I said, as she proclaimed her own cluelessness, "I'll bring my pencil it but it's the same style as that one." The boss came back in and barked, "That's for a Shaeffer ... " Well, I'm sorry but I won't be going back there as there are alternative stationers. I know the assistant and I were just playing at looking for the erasers but I didn't appreciate his rudeness and aggression. DW

No comments: