3.7.07

Mouse ...

Yesterday morning I went out of the house to take something to the garage and got a shock as there was a mouse living under my outdoor shoes. Rather than running away, it snuggled further into the corner. I did what I had to do, giving the little rodent the chance to escape. For some reason, it decided to stay put. I went back to the garage and got my £2 umbrella, my persuader.

 

I shooed the thing away and it moved. Then it wanted to go back to that corner. I continued shooing. It was slow and ponderous, making me think it was old and/or ill. Anyway, I got it round a couple of corners but still it seemed to want to go back where it was. I was then a bit rough and it lay still. Not convinced that I'd killed it, I thought the best thing to do now was to despatch it, so I caught it a right fourpenny one. I did a bit more of my business and as I went back to look at it I saw that one of its feet was twitching. I realised that it may have been its death throes but I didn't want to take the chance of it coming round ... so this time I felt fourpence wasn't enough so I took my shoe off and put paid to the thing.

 

It didn't move again.

 

I didn't set out to kill the thing but once it seemed to have become injured I dealt with it quickly. I really hoped that one of the cats in the neighbourhood would have taken care of the thing but I think the cat next door is on holiday and I didn't see the cat from next door but one at all yesterday!

 

Oh well, now you know! Off to eat some cheese now!!!

 

DW

No comments: