4.6.07

Viruses etc

Got back and needed to use the desktop for a printing job to find that two bits of software had crashed. No one knew or understood what had happened of course. Nothing like that had happened before.

 

Why was the anti virus software not working? 'Is it?', came the rejoinder.

 

I rebooted and watched what happened and decided I needed to investigate the anti viral thing further as it was still switched off. I updated the anti virus software and it needed almost 30 mega bytes of updating. That's astonishing. I then ran a virus check and it got to 8,142 problems by midnight. I have never seen so many errors and potential virus incidents on one machine after around 30 years of messing around with computers.

 

Of course, you can tell me your own personal nightmare and I'd be happy to share it with the world! Just click on the comment button here!

 

DW

No comments: