16.2.07

Churchill

I have managed to get to the end of Roy Jenkins' biography of Winston Churchill and whilst my reveiw of it will appear on my site very shortly I have to say that Jenkins was probably the wrong person to write the book and I think Churchill was not so great: severe personality problems, exceptionally poor leadership skills, dreadful inter personal communication abilities and an awful sychophancy complex.
 
Apart from that, don't forget that Churchill was voted the best Briton ever in a Radio 4 Today programme poll a year or so ago!
 
I should temper what I say by saying that Jenkins' book contains the vast majority of anything that I know about Churchil so may be being a little hasty in my assessment.
 
I'm glad I read it though and am thinking about a trip to Chartwell!
 
DW

No comments: