5.2.04

Good news on the computer front. My laptop has been repaired and the problem that caused the whole thing to go comatose? My brand spanking new version of Office 2003. When I get the computer and report I will consider whether to make a claim against Microsoft for time wasting, frustration, stress, loss of earnings ... My desktop has been saved. After numerous crashes over an extended period that seemed to get worse once I started using it (well, what's wrong with a bit of paranoia?) I eventually tracked it down to my Plextor CD R/RW drive. Proces of elimination got me there and whoopee! Can't write CDs until I get the laptop back, though and Master W is being profligate with our hard drive. I delete 1 Gb of stuff and he puts 2 Gb back on. Progress that hasn't spilled over onto the car yet. There's always something! DW

No comments: