12.1.04

Christopher wanted to know my views on the application of Max Weber's work to the work of call centres. I told him I'm not an expert but I'd have a look around. Here are some general Weber pages: sorry but I can't be more specific I'm afraid. Let's start here and follow up with more from the same author A lengthy page but it has some useful looking links at the end: some of which follow. Very long page: I didn't read it all! This page argues that Weber's view of the Protestant Work Ethic is fundamentally flawed. From Oz, Weber on Capitalism Also from Oz, Weber on Bureaucracy Bullet points of the major aspects of Weber and his work: could be useful as part of a mind map. The MacDonaldisation of Society Social interaction and social structure: again a bit listy so might be useful as ideas for headings. Is Weber still relevant? Critique of Weber An abstract of Call centre management: is service quality a priority? Looks highly targeted but it needs a subscription. There you are Christopher: hope it provides some nuggets of gold! DW

No comments: