4.12.03

Car insurance renewal time came and I decided that I didn't need comprehensive insurance following my accident of earlier this year when my car was written off and I had to shell out £2,000 to get myself a decent set of replacement wheels. That decision saved me £120 for the year. They suggested that they might be able to help me with my home insurance too and, by jingo, they did: for better cover my broker has saved me 50% of my buildings and contents insurance. Welcome to modern rip off Britain where the unwary simply don't know that the deal that someone did is nowhere near the optimum. As I am now insured for everything with one company, I got a further £20 discount on the car insurance. Still, someone else will now take these savings from me for another and as yet unknowable reason since that's the way of the world! DW

No comments: