21.5.03

This is a first for me. Dima came home from his successful French Oral exam today to regale us with the story of the young lad, clearly not so well prepared, who decided to try to 'Allo! Allo!' his way through his own French Oral exam by ... speaking English with a strong but assumed French accent! He heard that another young lad did the same last week but in his German Oral exam. Five years and what have they learned? Andrew Hooper sent me a gift this week: some Handkerchief Tree seeds. Andrew read my page on this topic last week and got in touch. Apparently they are a bit difficult to germinate but I will give it a go and then wait the required 10 years for the flowers to appear! Good one Andrew! I wrote to the 'Friends of duncanwil.co.uk' this week and got an encouraging set of replies: these are the people who have received direct help from www.duncanwil.co.uk over the last 6 months or so. There are lots of them and their messages and my replies run into hundreds. DW

No comments: