9.1.03

Burberry scarves were the most notable fashion accessory that I spotted as I moved from the UK to Bosnia: can't think why as I find the Burberry colours hideous. Still, who am I to make fashion statements? I wish I'd had a camera with me on the flight from Vienna to Munich: the landscape was beautifully snow covered. Even at a height of 29,000 feet, almost any camera would have turned in glorious results. It made me think of setting a question for young people along the lines of: Calculate the width of the forest at X given the following: Jack is in an aeroplane at 29,000 feet and estimates that the angle at the apex of the triangle formed by taken lines of sight from the aeroplane to the left and to the right of the forest and the width of the forest is 10 degrees ... ... but who would think of such a thing? DW

No comments: