21.12.02

Final notes on Sarajevo until 2003 and maybe my final update on the BANANA SAGA, ever: I got down to breakfast for my final breakfast of this part of my time there to find NO BANANAS. The three or four bananas that have been waiting for me every morning since I learned how to overcome the banana failures had gone. I think the people who were checking out as I went down to the dining room had eaten them! How selfish. What they couldn't know was that I had TWO bananas in my room and just before I left for home I ate them! So a bit of a shock but no terminal disease! You'll think I'm mad with talk of this banana saga: maybe! I'm home for Christmas. Courtesy of Austrian Airlines and two of their finest sandwiches I got home at around 11pm last night, Friday. Can you believe it that the area where I live had been plunged into darkness by a power cut ... modern Britain, eh? The house is all decked up: tree with lights, tinsel, baubles and GIFTS underneath it, christmas cars on the matelpiece. All we have to do now is the shopping ... aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The shopping! DW

No comments: