1.5.14

Natwest Bank: why bother?

Twice in the last year Natwest Bank has caused me problems with international payments. Now there's a new one.

Case 1 was investigated by the complaints department and ended with their report containing outright lies from a business team member. I responded to them, they did not reply.

Case 2 cost me money as they made a big mess, transferred weeks later than planned and effectively stole money from me. I lost a business opportunity too that probably cost me £2,000. I talked to Imran about this two weeks or so ago. In the end he essentially called me a liar. I told him I had documented the whole process, which I have. He told me three times that he can find no evidence for what I was telling him. As usual, rather than listening, he tried to talk over me and said things that just weren't true.

Case 3 NEW! A waiter snapped my debit card. A few days later and my credit card chip failed. After going through umpteen people, all with varying degrees of competence and listening ability I was told they could not make an urgent transfer to me because of "all the bank holidays in your region". I asked, what bank holidays? I got back on the phone to them and they then promised to make the transfer immediately. I told my wife, just watch: I think I have just been fobbed off. No immediate transfer made. There IS a bank holiday here, on Monday 5th May ... six days after I made my urgent transfer request. But guess what, the date they gave me for the arrival of my money? 5th May ... just when I can't get it. I am about to check my account again now but I am not holding my breath.

No comments: