24.8.12

Third World Rides Again

Less than two weeks ago I reported that I had had a power cut. Since I haven't spent more than three weeks at any one time in this house before, it's revealing to see how inferior the services are in some parts of this country.

The power has gone again.

My broadband service is among the worst in the UK. I know that almost every time I return from a trip away there has been a power cut of some duration. Now I am getting to experience them.

The big problem with power cuts is that they just happen. When the power goes, who can predict what might be broken by any on/off surge?

I have recently installed an NAS server drive and of course, when the power goes, that and the router it is connected to goes.

This morning I was in the middle of a Mac Time Machine back up that has now been ruined and no doubt will have to be started again. That back up takes around 24 hours to complete.

Rubbish services.

DW

No comments: