30.8.11

I might be Interested but it has to be a two way Street!

I came home from holiday phase one today and as we were sitting on the tarmac at Schipol Airport, the man next to me asked me, "Where are you coming from then?" I told him and he then announced that he was returning home from Indonesia where his son has been teaching English as a foreign language for a year.

Normally, I sit on aeroplanes and keep myself to myself. Sometimes I have sat next to old people, especially, who seem to be a bit befuddled and I might talk to them. If someone talks to me, I will reply.

So, this chap told me about his trip, he listened politely to some of what I said in return but once he was satisfied that I knew about his son and their trip to Indonesia, he got his book out and started reading!

That's FYI, people!

DW

No comments: