20.7.11

Gatesed AGAIN!

My limp wristed HP laptop has been in storage since April but had to be dragged into service this week. I have spent the week in Saudi Arabia, back on the road; and needed to use and demonstrate Excel 2007 … installed on the HP laptop.

Here’s the truth: when one leaves a laptop in storage for four months, there are many, many, many updates to download once the thing is revived. This week I have been caught out to the nth degree. Monday was bad but today was the worst.

On Monday I downloaded and installed some Windows nonsense and the thing ran slower than a very slow thing … spreadsheets had their buttons all grey … I overcame all of that. Then Wednesday, today: i knew last night that I had downloaded and started to install some more Windows nonsense last night. This morning, I started the computer at 5:45 am … yes FIVE 45 am: I had things to do. An hour and a half later, having not been able to do any work, I thought my worries were over. Remember, I had things to do … I hadn’t been able to do them.

Because I wasn’t able to do my work, I was caught short initially but being cool and suave I overcame all obstacles.

The moral of this story: buy a Mac!

DW

No comments: