21.3.11

Microsoft Comes … second

You can’t say I didn’t give them a fair crack of the whip because I did.

I downloaded and installed IE9 in spite of major problems with getting it done. It looks alright and I have used it and then given it a test: after all, it claims to be slick, fast …

I asked IE9 to go to my own web site www.duncanwil.co.uk … I counted to 9 then my home page loaded. I then asked it to find www.bbc.co.uk and counted to 15 this time before it opened.

Then I used Chrome for the same tasks:

  • my site opened within a count of 3
  • the BBC site opened on the count of 7

Any more need to be said Mr Gates III?

DW

5 comments:

chris sivewright said...

Why not use FFox?

chris sivewright said...

Why not use Mozilla?

duncanwil said...

Thanks for those suggestions, Chris. I have to admit that I have tried FireFox several times and don't like it: it often fails to render sites (eg my own) properly. Mozilla ... tried it years ago and wasn't overly impressed either. IE has always been slow and a memory hog. I took to Chrome almost instantly.

The better news is that I bought an Apple MacBook Pro last week and it uses the Safari browser. I had used Safari on my Windows computers but wasn't too impressed by it. On the Mac, however, I find it really good!!

chris sivewright said...

This one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Macbook-Notebook-2-7GHz-battery/dp/B004P8JCZC/ref=br_lf_m_1000390783_1_2_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=computers&pf_rd_p=235189327&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000390783&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1KMSKR6BPTKB4FZX17TJ

?

duncanwil said...

Very nearly that one: I chose the 15 inch screen version.