26.11.10

The Bounder v The Chap

I have just been introduced to The Chap: a quintessentially English institution to be found on the internet at http://thechap.net/index.html It’s funny, witty and affected. I enjoyed reading it.

Well, in the car going to work the other day, the person who sent me the link to the site turned out to be a cad and I turned out to be a Chap. Here’s why.

The cad was under the weather and said to the lady in the car, Lyn, could I ask that tomorrow you use a little less of that perfume. I’m sorry: it’s probably because I am feeling a bit sick but it’s very strong for me.

I said, wait a minute: let’s try that a different way and it turned out to be the Chap’s way.

  • Lyn, what’s the name of the perfume you’re wearing? Lyn responded …
  • It’s got rather a strong fragrance hasn’t it?

The Chap then knows that a lady will receive the appropriate message and put one less splash on the following morning!

DW

No comments: