25.1.08

Hospital Stay

I won’t carp on at the negative but I have to tell you this with the promise of better to come.

So, in the Royal Halifax Hospital, you have to pay to watch the television and listen to the radio: each bed has its own special set. The chap in the next bed didn’t know where to buy the card needed as someone had got his for him. So I set off. I got to a desk where there were three people: a nurse on the phone and two chaps, not on the phone. I stopped and asked the two men where I could find the Pay TV Card Machine and the seated man said,

“I’m a doctor, I don’t know.”

Those were his exact words. He got back to his work and when I looked at the other man, he turned his head away as if I’d asked to borrow his wife or something.

 I found the machine with the help of some helpful and much friendlier women thank you.

 

DW

No comments: