3.8.07

Scurvy

I was talking to Young Master W about his life at University and his financial management skills. He offered to do a deal that would have led to him, I said, ending up with scurvy. Well, many a true word! He told me about a friend of his from school who went to University and lived on margharita pizzas: nothing else and he had them delivered so there was very little effort involved. He ended up going to see a doctor who had to consult a book of symptoms and said, 'According to this book, you've got scurvy. In all my years of practice I've never seen a case of scurvy before.'!

 

An old friend of mine used to tell us a story of a friend of his, also at University, who spent all of hisgrant one term on a marvellous music system. This lad then lived on porridge ... until he got scurvy. At that time, it was thought to be the last known case of scurvy in England ... well, not now!!!

 

DW

 

 

No comments: