26.7.07

Disgraced cyclists and high temperatures

The Shame of their Shame

 

Given my links with Kazakhstan I was really pleased to see that the winner of two stages of Le Tour de France was from Astana in Kazakhstan. I was gutted for the country to see him going home in disgrace following an illegal blood transfusion. When will these sportsmen learn:

 

Your compatriots feel the shame of your shame

You will get caught

 

High Temperatures

 

I see a lot on the news at the moment about blisteringly high temperatures in Central and Eastern Europe. I am currently in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi and as I came back from work at 2100 hours today, the temperature was 38 degrees C ... imagine the daytime temperature. Do you hear anyone going on about it here?

 

How to look after a Thumb Drive

 

Was it three years ago that I bought my first thumb drive? You know, those little USB things that can store massive amounts of data in something the size of something very small. I started its life by leaving it stuck into a computer. Handily, someone responsible found it and had it put away safely for me. Well, I used that drive until recently when I gave it away ... bought a new one last week with 2 Gb of space. Happily using it until last night when I left it in a computer lab that all and sundry might use. I realised early today when I'd done and called the man I'm working with there and he found it and put it somewhere safe for me.

 

What is it with me and those thumb drives do you think?

 

DW

No comments: